Saturday, May 21, 2016

When You're Hungry for Eye Balls

Day 10

Where did the good people goooooooooo?

The festival is a'closing down, there are significantly less people here than before. Today was a chiller day in the books for me, in which I only saw one film. Megan and I woke up later than usual (cue the sleep deprivation recovery), and decided to go shopping.

Between things that cost 8 trillion dollars and bikini sex shops, we managed to find me a dress for the premiere of The Neon Demon. We were concerned about not getting tickets, because so many people were gone, but luckily almost all of us got tickets to the premiere.

Cole and I sat in the orchestra flanked by Elle Fanning and the directing team and on the other side, Nick Kroll. I wish Amy Poehler had been there, but, C'Est La Vie. The film was crazy, but one of the more compelling visual experiences I've seen here. The dialogue was really bad, but maybe to make a point about the vapid people in Hollywood.

Be ready to see some cannibalism though, and a wildcat.

No comments:

Post a Comment