Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Dear Chris Pine, I'm so so sorry

Day 6

Let's talk about my 10:00 a.m. wake up call.. I naturally pop up at about 8:30 but apparently this festival is really tiring..?!

In classic 21-year-old fashion, almost every single person waited until Monday to start their reviews. I finished in earlier in the day, so I set out around 1:00 to go and wait with a large group for Hell or High Water. We were about four people away from entering and were CUT OFF. It's all gucci though, as you'll see later down the line.

We decided to sit down for a little bit for our next film. The AmPav is rockin', but not the place you want to sit and get work done. Instead, we entered the Swiss Pavilion (our secret shhh) and sat on the back patio with the bay at our backs. It was one of those moments you resonate with and know that it will stay with you when this experience is over.

Patrick an I went to see a documentary called My Scientology Movie. It was hilarious, for the reason of Scientology. They are batshit crazy. I fully stand by that. But will end my opinions there or I fear they will come and murder me.

After the film, a group of us went for dinner. Hamilton wanted wine, pasta and pizza, but I opted for the Chinese place next door. Two words: egg rolls.

We then waited AGAIN to see Hell or High Water, and lucky for us the cast and director attended our screening in a very low key way. I enjoyed the movie, and thought Ben Foster's character was definitely the best. I didn't love it, which differs from many of the other student's perspectives. I found myself a little bored at some points, and I thought Jeff Bridges could have deserved some better written dialogue.

After the film, everyone stood to applaud the cast. I yelled in front of the entire theatre, "Chris you are so sexy." He looked directly at me, and freaked and ran away. I saw him outside the theatre after and he winked at me. For knowing I will never see that man again, I felt so irrationally embarrassed. None-the-less, a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment