Monday, May 23, 2016

Dancing on Level 1 at 13:58:00:00

Day 11


The atmosphere today is, hmmm, depressing to say the least. Many pavilions are shut down for the festival, and there is limited showings or movies that I am interested in. The main film headlining today was Elle, but I really had no interest in seeing it.

Instead, I went to a screening of the short films in competition. It was so great, but really under emphasized by the festival. I had to actively search for the screening myself, and had the pleasure of sitting in the Debussy with all of the creators.

Out of the near dozen or so, my personal favorite was called Timecode. A fun, heartwarming film about two security guards at a parking garage, brought together by dance.

After the screening, I went to Hotel Eden Roc with two friends from home. I sat next to Lindsay Lohan, so apparently she's still alive and ginger.

That night we had planned to go out in Cannes, but actually all stayed in Juan. It was really fun, and relaxing, to be with everyone and not have to worry about cabs.

Things I learned: don't try and lift yourself up onto a ledge the height of your shoulders and Megan does a mean Cher impersonation.

No comments:

Post a Comment